Pancakes for breakfast are a staple in many people’s households! They are a sweet treat we enjoy throughout childhood, and even us adults can enjoy them as well.
While traditional pancakes may not be all that healthy, you can easily make a traditionally unhealthy pancake recipe into a healthier treat that tastes just as good as the real thing.
This recipe uses coconut flour instead of wheat-based flour making them friendly for those who follow a gluten-free diet. They are also lower in carbs than traditional pancakes and contain maca to help support overall hormone balance.
Here’s what you need
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Coconut oil for cooking
1. Start by preheating a large skillet over medium heat with the coconut oil.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl whisking until no clumps remain.
3. Pour about ¼ of the batter into the skillet at a time and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
4. Serve with an extra drizzle of pure maple syrup, and enjoy.
Looking for more recipes? Check out our latest here.